A few years ago I saw a current affairs programme that recommended Web sites where you can earn money for yourself or for charities by doing surveys or taking part in other online activities. Survey panels that I belong to include:
- Pure Profile: This is my favourite. Each time you log in, click 'Nextbutton' to see what surveys and other offers are available. You will qualify for more surveys if you can log in and check the NextButton more than once a day. The surveys will be more relevant if you regularly check whether there are more questions to be answered in your Profile Dashboard.
- Australian Meal Panel: For Australians only. Do a short monthly survey about food and receive $5 cash (plus $3 if you send in supermarket receipts). When asked for the 5 digit pin, enter 82322.
- My Opinions: For Australians only.
- Rewards Central: For Australians only.
- Your Voice: For Australians only. I occasionally earn $50-$70 for one survey here, but the smaller ones also add up to a decent amount.
- Valued Opinions: Separate sites for residents of Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, New Zealand.
- My Survey: This link is for Australians, but at the bottom of the page are links for other countries.
Many surveys are targeted to specific groups, so you will increase your chances of being invited to do a paid survey if you answer the questions in your 'profile' or 'welcome survey' when you join. You may want to set up a free Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo address that you use only for surveys.
Genealogists for Families members with some spare time may find surveys a good way to fund extra Kiva loans. Can you recommend any other survey sites?