In 2011 we won an award for Best New Community Project. Our goal is to enable people without access to traditional banks (including many women) to expand their businesses, support and educate their children, save for the future and raise themselves out of poverty. Through Kiva, a non-profit organisation working with microfinance institutions, you choose a borrower to support with a loan of just $25. Similar loans by other lenders are combined until the required total is reached. As your money is repaid (often in monthly instalments), you can withdraw it or lend it to someone else. ($25 that is loaned over and over again does more good than a one-time donation.) Join 'Genealogists for Families' - together we are making a difference!
09 February 2012
T-shirts and Other Genealogy Conference Gear
* Wear a special T-shirt. I designed and ordered one from VistaPrint. It looks like this.
* Wear a tag (in a pin-on plastic name tag holder, not a lanyard) that says, in big black letters, 'Ask me what GFF is'.
* Hand out flyers. Design your own, or ask me to email you the one I use. To save paper, I print two to an A4 page and cut the pages in half.
* Have interesting examples to show people. Print the top section (down to the map) of the profiles for this group and this individual.
* Include the project's Web address on your genealogy trading cards. These are 'business cards' with your name, contact details, Website, blog, Twitter name, etc. I usually print my own (using sheets of cards available at Officeworks) but I also ordered some (free) from VistaPrint:
What else would you suggest?